Thursday, May 28, 2009

I've crossed over to the "Dark Side" of IT...

So I found 2 people who knew how to hack/crack, unfortunately they couldn’t get into the social networking site I wanted to infiltrate, however they did help me access some premium content for certain software and sites so it wasn’t a total bummer!
But I am determined to solve this little problem of mine.
So I extended my research, and discovered this easy to read, almost passionate site on how to become a hacker. Here's an extract from it:

"There is a community, a shared culture, of expert programmers and networking wizards that traces its history back through decades to the first time-sharing minicomputers and the earliest ARPAnet experiments. The members of this culture originated the term ‘hacker’. ( basicaly a person with technical adeptness and a delight in solving problems and overcoming limits)

Hackers built the Internet. Hackers made the Unix operating system what it is today. Hackers run Usenet. Hackers make the World Wide Web work. If you are part of this culture, if you have contributed to it and other people in it know who you are and call you a hacker, you're a hacker.

The hacker mind-set is not confined to this software-hacker culture. There are people who apply the hacker attitude to other things, like electronics or music — actually, you can find it at the highest levels of any science or art. Software hackers recognize these kindred spirits elsewhere and may call them ‘hackers’ too — and some claim that the hacker nature is really independent of the particular medium the hacker works in. But in the rest of this document we will focus on the skills and attitudes of software hackers, and the traditions of the shared culture that originated the term ‘hacker’.

There is another group of people who loudly call themselves hackers, but aren't. These are people (mainly adolescent males) who get a kick out of breaking into computers and phreaking the phone system. Real hackers call these people ‘crackers’ and want nothing to do with them. Real hackers mostly think crackers are lazy, irresponsible, and not very bright, and object that being able to break security doesn't make you a hacker any more than being able to hotwire cars makes you an automotive engineer.

Unfortunately, many journalists and writers have been fooled into using the word ‘hacker’ to describe crackers; this irritates real hackers no end.

The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them."

After reading this, I have added becoming a hacker to my many aspirations; that currently includ: becoming a political activist for the development of African states and peoples,
renown painter/poet,
setting up an open to the public studios slash gallery,
creating Uganda’s first ever adult animated series on the boondocks level,
making a pulp fiction film,
becoming a mommy,
starting an animated alternative band similar to the gorrilaz, lol, me and my bro got this one all figured out…afro-fusion-metal, a mix between sepultura’s album roots and system of a down and Nigeria’s rooftop emcees and Botswana’s Tey Grin…no? You’d have to here it to get it…anyways more about that later, back to the point...

It has dawned on me that becoming a hacker is not a simple aspiration, to begin with I have to learn a programming language (computer talk)…its like learning how to read and write again! And to make it even harder, programming is ever changing, due to technological changes, so I have to keep up with it! The site advised starting with Python, (my incognito hacker friend started with Rubi ) any programmers know any other programming langhuages that are a good and easy starting point??

Also have to get an open source unixes , (operating systems of the internet) because learning to hack on a Microsoft Windows machine (which is what I have) or under any other closed-source system is like “trying to learn to dance while wearing a body cast.” Lol.


So I'll most likely get Linux because you can apparently run both Linux and Microsoft windows on the same machine (my personal laptop).


I also need to learn how to write HTML’s, and I have designed some small pointless sluggish websites before at school, this blog not included, plus it’s a more realistic place to start learning programming.



Well enough with all the computer geek talk, but if any programmers out there (and I suspect there are quite a few of you out there in Blogsville) any helpful tips, links, info will be much appreciated. Plus also looking for a programming wizard mentor of sorts, this young grasshopper is eager to learn…as this appropriate Zen poem puts it:

"To follow the path:
look to the master,
follow the master,
walk with the master,
see through the master,
become the master."

But before that, I shall use amateur easy to use crack codes I found on this dope site to speed up downloads, access and use premium software, games, videos, ‘out of bounds stuff’ etc, only for personal use tho, no bootlegging! Lol, so its only half evil.

In the 'hacker spirit', I shall leave you with this:



_O_
__O
OOO

Its called The Glider, It's a pattern from a mathematical simulation called the Game of Life

click here to find out why.
click here to see this stimulation in action.
click here to know why it is the hackers emblem

I’m not crazy about math’s myself, but I find this interesting, its abstract and has a sense of art about it, which I can appreciate! I've come to see the art not only in literature or paintings and sculptures, but also in logic...the building blocks of maths and physics, subjects i used to shun away from.
To those of you who concider it your domain, i admire your art, tip my hat for you!

**Bless**

13 comments:

MBJMANO said...

Rise of the Nerds *dum dum duuuummmm!*, that's pretty dope! Haven't been on here in a while... Dope new look. Kinda liked those toes, tho- nice feet are hard 2 cum by. I digress. And say no more.

mumakeith said...

if you are planning on the animated band..... I'll be glad to join the project...

these things are so hard to understand.... honestly i can see stars...... HTML......I've tried that one.....but U have no idea how its been tight for me.

The 27th Comrade said...

Hey, Eizzy! Programmer here! :o)

I'd say go with Ruby. It's like my third or fourth favourite programming
language. I'm writing some code in it today. I eat off Ruby and Haskell. This last one is my favourite. :o)

Everybody seems to think Python is the best for
people starting out, but (in my opinion) Ruby just can't be beaten. In the end,
anyway, they'll lead you in the same direction. As your programs grow (even in
Python), you'll find that you're programming more as if you're programming in
Ruby.
All things said, any is good. If your friend is a Rubyist, you'll have help on
hand if you go with Ruby. In the end, you'll learn many, many languages, so the
first one doesn't really matter much in the long run.

The stuff you describe would probably include doing lots of websites. The
"sluggish" ones you speak of are the right thing to start with, I think. HTML
only gets interesting when you mix it up with some other stuff. CSS is one such
thing, and then JavaScript is the other. None of this, of course, is meant to be
accomplished in seconds. :o) First do some HTML. Then make it pretty with CSS
(Cascading Style
Sheets
). Then make it dance about with JavaScript. Remember:
HTML to show it, CSS to make it pretty, JavaScript to make it live. :o)

That's when Ruby could enable you to make a site like, say, Twitter. The stuff
that happens beyond the browser has to be done in Ruby/Python/Haskell, whatever.

Now, the operating system. I think you could go with Ubuntu Linux. It's apparently a
user-friendly Linux distribution. Linux is generally not very user-friendly, but
I think Ubuntu tries. I've used it a lot, for many things. It's stunning how
much it has right out of the box. It costs zero, too. Just go to ShipIt.Ubuntu.com, and ask for a CD.
You'll get it in the mail after a while. No fucking credit cards and shit.
This, for me, was a real godsend, because, of course, I couldn't afford to buy a
Unix system when Ubuntu first showed up and saved me quite literally. I'm still
grateful. :o)

I can't be some kind of mentor, though. :o/ Wish I could. Google, however, is a
good mentor. It's amazing how much you can achieve in this computer-soaked World
when you can code even just a little! If you need something, chances are that
you need it on the computer. So you can build it yourself, if it comes
down to it. It's like having your own oil well in a World that depends on oil
for its daily lives. It should even be scary to sit at a computer almost all
your life and still not be able to at least guess how things are happening
there. I'm putting these links and formattings into the comments precisely
because I know how to program
. It's come to where you have to know this
stuff to make your points known. :o) Not that it's necessarily a positive trend,
but it's certainly a trend. It's the new literacy.

The 27th Comrade said...

Blogger wouldn't let me post too much. Serves me right. But now, here's a small continuation I had to cut off.
****************

Now, in closing (yeah, I'm known for long comments), I'll say something. For me,
computers are art. If they weren't, I'd not be into this. It's cool, of course,
that I earn while at it, but I refuse to lose sight of the fact that I'm doing
art. Both Python and Ruby are art. Another little programming language (good to
teach you concepts) that you can learn when next you have a spare two hours late
at night is called Scheme.
I think this implementation, PLT Scheme,
with its guides (see this Quick
Guide
, for example) is a good one for one starting out. I'd even go so
far as telling you to start with PLT Scheme, but I'm not that brave. All I'll
say is: go give it a shot, when you've downloaded it and have two free hours.
(Even experienced programmers end up learning Scheme and having a huge epiphany.
I'm of the view that they should have started out with Scheme in the first
place!)

Another one, also like Scheme in terms of how shockingly-cool it is, is Smalltalk. It was actually
done for beginners (kids), and then professionals took it over (much to the
anger of the guy who created it). I'm one of those professionals who say
Screw the learners - I just want me a good tool!. I use Smalltalk. In
particular, you may want to go and get Squeak
Smalltalk
sometime and give it a spin. It's what I use. The concept of
the graphical user interface was pretty much invented in Smalltalk-world. :o) So
it may be more-gratifying and more-rewarding for the beginner to see the code
causing effects on the screen. It's an excellent learning tool. As in
very extremely excellent. This guide seems good, and I personally like this one. Full list here: http://squeak.org/Documentation/.

I've given you four alternatives. If your Linux takes a while to arrive, you
could start using Squeak Smalltalk or PLT Scheme on Windows. They aren't very
Unixy, and both also avail the source code, so you won't feel like you're
learning to dance with a body cast on. :o) In Smalltalk, everything's code can
be checked. Nice place to learn, going through that code. ;o) After you've got
your Ubuntu, you can do Python and Ruby. They work well even in Windows, but ...
I rarely ever use them there. :o) Only using Ruby to process Excel files and
Word documents, on my last job.

I wrote this comment in another text editor that breaks the lines, and that's why it looks all weird. Pardon that. Blame Blogger, most of all. :o)
Bye!

eizzy.k said...

@Malcolm - sup dude? where u been?! LOL, and yes, i am unleashing my inner Nerd!

@ Cool, shall ring u up in future when i start on it! LoL

@ 27th Comrade - Hey! super cooool! Thanks so much 4 the links and info! I'm taking notes! shall be coming 2 u for help if i get stuck. now, time 2 get busy getting all that i need to venture into the world of programming!
Thanx again!!

HektikLyfe said...

I would disagree that Hackers built the internet though. Perhaps they are one in the same but the "Hacker" part of them did no such thing. Sure you need to have some hacking knowledge in order to develop better network security protocols but a "hacker" doesn't dedicate themselves to building anything. They concentrate on finding ways to break into where they don't belong.

Crackers find ways to make software available for free, illegally. I don't see how they are breaking the internet per se.

Be careful what you read. Take it all with a grain of salt and good luck with your new venture.

Payo said...

I'm here blogging in my first programming lecture...but i dont fancy my self as a nerd just yet. Maybe a nerd in waiting. PHP,Python,Javascript, ASP,....what is this lady talking about?

James Tubman said...

i love you eizzy

i dont know how i came to know you

but i am glad our crosses past in this vast, all encompensing universe

keep it up sweetheart

you are helping me to become a better person

kuzic said...

lost the first comment, some inspiration, want to be a hacker now,lol on the gorillaz,and cant wait for your manga....thats exclusive. enjoyed this post, for real

kuzic said...

rock on

eclecticsoul said...

eizzy, pulp fiction flick? a girl after my own heart? can i please, please be in it? or like write a scene in it? pretty please?

eizzy.k said...

@ hektik - yeah, i noticed my sources had alot of "salt", but i kinda liked how passionate they were. dont wory, i wont use my new found knowledge to send viruses and mess with people accounts...just get free stuff. lol.

@ Payo, go 2 class, u might get a clue on what i'm talking about!

@ Tubeman, right back atcha!

@ Kuzic, ty ty!

@ EclecticSoul - hell yeah, i like ur dark poetic edgy-ness! but first i need 2 study filming techniques! i'm going for a sureal urban thing, its so dope in my head! only need 2 traslate it into film! digital art rocks!

since its been commented on quite a bit, i guess i'll find time to blog about my ideas...

Peace y'all...thnx 4 dropin in on little old geeky me!

Mullmeister said...

This is a little late but get Mac os x. It runs on the UNIX system and the build is so simple it is basicaly virus and hacker proof. It also has developer tools free (about 2000 dollars to buy for windows) and natively supports darwin ports so u can use alot of software on there. Using it can be a bit daunting at first as alot of the stuff does not have GUI support but once u have the basics its good....

Talk to me if u want a quick-start...