Sunday, September 27, 2009

On & On & On & On....

So i've been thinking of deleting or more like "deactivating" this blog...then I read my sidebar badu quote and remembered that i gotta keep this chiper rolling...On & On & On & On...

Then i thought of making it private because theres been alot on my mind and just putting it out there may be a little risky, never know whos reading, then i realised no one hardly ever visits my page and for those of you who do, like 99% dont know me in the real world so i was like yeah fuck it....still, an aunty or two do know i have a blog out their somewhere....to go ahead and share red pepper intimate details of the inner workings and happenings of my life or not???

Anyways, felt like a RaNdOm post so hey, here goes:

Toying with the idea of getting a tattoo, actually always wanted one but i'm very sure now. If i could i would get Kat from Miami ink to do it because shes fuckin awesome, but hey, any decent place would do...

I love this Erykah Ankh, like i love all things BaDu, but more especially i love the way Emek designed this...so symbolic! Its represents alot of things but what strikes me most is the joining of man and woman, life and death, immortality...balance. Its a beautiful symbol from the earliest (recorded) african civilizations, and i love how Emek managed to incorporate an angelic afro in there too! ...instead of "erykah" though, i would have the word "Kirabo", another one of my names that mean gift, the joining of man and woman, life and death, all these are gifts, and as a woman, a life giver, i am a gift.

I think i'd live it on either my leg just above my ankle or behind my neck extending to my lower back...now i would have it there no doubt but my dreads arnt long enough yet and it sure would attract alot of attention, especially back home...

Then of course is the issue of my mum's disapproval...she just may chop off my entire leg...so the tattoo may have to wait till i'm done with school and dont need her financially...lol.
Yes children are evil like that. Didnt you read King Lear? its like a second nature to us after we grow up and get minds of our own, thats why animals abandon thier kids after they old enough to survive for their own....

If your into urban poster art culture you have to check Emek out, he's like my all time favourite graphic designer /mentor who does the most amazing art work from audio slave, the distillers to Dave Mathews band including badu of course...he's work is political, versatile and genius! (He's parents were both artists so it sorta explains he's amazing talents).

anyways...i had lot more to say but still contemplating whether to make this blog private or not...
Its not so much about having followers, though its cool to get peoples opinions and view on stuff, but more about having an e-journal with my life in easy to browse archives, PLUS you can put images, videos, music and links too, as opposed to the traditional paper and pen.....think i'll stick with my digital ink!


hmmmmmm

2 comments:

jny23 said...

Hi Eizzy.
Good to hear from yu.

please dont delete yo blog as this' like the only medium to get to u. It's always a pleasure hearing from yu.

L.A. Lutara said...

tattoo huh? i got my first one earlier this year; chinese symbol for "eternity" on the right side of my neck. i got it with my then girlfriend who got the chinese symbol for "heaven" peeping out of her pantyline on her left hip. do you think tattoo's have spiritual connontations? it sure would explain alot...wanna get another one by years end. and keep your blog open!!!!!